Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flimzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
So i have a slightly cracked iPhone 5 screen. (Dropped last week). Yesterday I started downloading an app (askfm). It Started downloading then stopped. It Said not enough space. There was an app icon that was still waiting at the home screen so I deleted. I Went back and deleted another few videos to try and free up space and tried downloading again. It showed the loading bar but the askfm app was grey. I deleted the app and double tapped and closed applications. Then I reopened applications and searched ask fm in the search bar . It was still loading when i clicked on it but then it said could not download. Then I pressed it once more and it started loading. This all seemed very glitchy and weird. Does this mean my iPhone isn't working. Could the increased stress of this event cause the internal parts of my iPhone to not work, as well as the cracked screen, with both these happening could that increase radiation emitted. I heard cracked screens can cause more to be emitted. But also with what happened with this app, even though i didn't describe it perfectly, could mean my iPhone is messed up hardware wise?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds more like some glitch with downloading/installing an app, which can and does happen every once in a while, unrelated to any hardware or anything like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.