Question about iPhone leaked photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Isa Al, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Isa Al macrumors member

Hello

Ok so my questions is just curiosity. I am wondering how come many websites leak the pictures,features, and even the price of the new iPhone, for example iPhone X, weeks before the official release. I mean how can they get the pics and such specific details so accurately?

I don't think Apple will leak such details which may affect its stock and such stuff, but how come such specific accurate details are leaked weeks before Apple announces it?

2. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

I was hoping the leaks weren't true, hate the look of the notch

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

They start producing these things weeks, or even months, ahead of announcement. Also, lots of people are involved: suppliers, software engineers, hardware engineers, marketing, manufacturing, etc.

Someone is bound to talk, take pictures, leak stuff, etc.. And those people working for just a few dollars an hour are even more likely to talk about it.

4. lancastor macrumors 6502a

It‘s impossible to prevent leaks when you produce 10.000 devices per day
    before weeks.

The only way to stol leaks is to produce the product after it‘s announcement. Like Apple Watch, Mac Pro and iMac Pro.

5. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

6. Isa Al thread starter macrumors member

I know, even such photos may be worth thousands of dollars as well. But I mean I believe Apple can stock the leak by taking security measures or penalties for who does such stuff to prevent them from leaking information. Because like literally I found all the Keynote presentation details online since weeks.

7. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Employee ...
    Chinese people work for apple
    Media news
    Apple associates staff inside

Macrumors ( i believe there ton of apple inside on macrumors too ):)

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Sometimes these rumored websites or tech websites will pull their information from sites like Weibo (A Chinese website) or follow leakers like Benjamin Geskin. Really what it comes down to, it's a lot of shared information that is pulled from different sources and those who are involved with suppliers or inside relations.

9. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Apple is very serious about security, one department often doesn't know what the other is doing. Think military contractors, but even so there will be bound to be leaks somewhere along the lines. They do take it very seriously, but there's just so much you can do without interfering with everyone's privacy.