Question About Iphone Purchase with rogers family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DirdeyDansen666, Dec 2, 2010.

1. DirdeyDansen666 macrumors newbie

I am hoping to get an iphone for christmas this year i am with rogers and has the family plan unlimited text/call ect. According to the rogers website the iphone 4 16gb is 159.99 canadian i cannot order the phone from the website i need to go to a dealer. I pay around 30 40 dollars on my phone (krazr) right now and is wondering if that price will greatly increase once i get the iphone. I want to know if i can keep my regular plan (which isn't a data plan) while retaining same payment amount (30-40$) but have the iphone can anyone help?

Really appreciated thanks

2. Blazing angel macrumors regular

You can, but you'll have to pay 200 dollars to cancel the data plan

3. DirdeyDansen666 thread starter macrumors newbie

So iphones have to come with a data plan, you cant just have a plan, buy the iphone and keep your plan unchanged but have the phone?

4. Blazing angel macrumors regular

Exactly/ Don't worry,im from Canada too. i feel your pain. I didn't really need data either

5. DirdeyDansen666 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay well if i have the data plan about how much will that cost me and is it a seperate plan or is it something that would be piled on top of your plan already?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Data plans are connected your existing plan (i.e talk and text). So when you get the iPhone 4, the data plan will automatically come with it.

7. DirdeyDansen666 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright how much will that cost me if my plan is already 34.70 per month plus the data plan how much will that be? and i can in no way cancel my plan and just have a data plan in other words a data plan is just a big extension for your original plan am i right?

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Sorry, but I have no idea how much Rogers charges for their data plans. But if you cancel the data plan, essentially you have to get rid of the iPhone 4. In the U.S. AT&T would automatically put the data plan back on if they see you're still using the iPhone.