Question about iphone sdk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gacxx, Feb 27, 2008.

1. gacxx macrumors regular

gacxx

I was going to buy an iphone this week untill i saw the stuff about the SDK. Should i wait till March 6 when it comes out to buy an iphone, or does it matter. What exactly is an SDK anyway? will it just be put in an update of the iphone, is hardware needed in the iphone, or is it something you have to buy? I"m confused!!:eek:

2. HotblackDesiato macrumors member

Search the forum. There's plenty SDK info on it already.

3. alphajerk macrumors member

Basically, buy now. The SDK will bring applications that you can download for a fee. You will not need a new phone to take advantage of them.

4. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

so, will some still be able to be available for free? or are they all going to cost money?

5. applemumba macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

If you can wait, do. Just might anounce something unexpected next week to continue apples product launches weekly since 2008 started.

Think Steve jobs is trying to keep the market train on apple the whole year this year. It sure is working with weekly updates. Lots people talking apple apple apple.

More and more rumors. . .

6. gacxx thread starter macrumors regular

gacxx

so, there could be a chance that jobs does this super crazy surprise hardware for the iphone? Because i would be so mad if i got one then a few days later they updated the hardware:mad:. BUT REALLY is there a chance they could realistically do such a thing??

7. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

After all - it's Apple. Nobody knows really what they're going to do. But realistically I don't think a new iPhone model is coming out just yet. They just bumped up the storage sizes in both the iPhone and the iPod Touch, this means the update will last for a while until the next model comes out.

The SDK (Software Developers Kit) for the iPhone will work on either model. I don't think you should worry about when a new model comes out, since I can't see it happening in the near future. :)

8. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Actual answer: No one knows anything and anything said besides simply the definition of "SDK" is speculation.

I think that's the most frustrating thing for me, no idea what to expect because no one has any idea.

9. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Exactly! :D
    Buy now and play! You'll love it.