Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkip37

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
georgia
so, I know at&t has the 1500 messages for 15 bucks a month, but my question is this..

I have an older text message plan.. 1000 messages for 10 bucks. When I pre-ordered my 3GS just now, the at&t site said my current text message plan wasn't compatible with the iphone

Anyone using an old text plan with their iphone? I don't see why mine wouldn't work with the iphone. Just at&t wanting more money I guess?

Maybe I'll call and bish about it after the phone comes in. I've had a plan with them back when cingular first started. Maybe they'll be nice and let me keep my 1000 messages with the iphone

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
You'd probably be better off purchasing from ATT then. Either order on line or go stand in line. Apple's system isnt set up to account for every possible texting plan that ATT might be supporting.

We had to take the family unlimited plan off our account to order from apple then reapply it when we were finished because apple didnt know how to recognize it.

hkip37

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
georgia
You'd probably be better off purchasing from ATT then. Either order on line or go stand in line. Apple's system isnt set up to account for every possible texting plan that ATT might be supporting.

We had to take the family unlimited plan off our account to order from apple then reapply it when we were finished because apple didnt know how to recognize it.

I did order through the at&t site..

It said it wouldn't be compatible, and listed the "iphone text plans" that I could add. It also said to come back after the new phone is activated / remove the old text plan. I dunno.. we'll see I guess. Just wondering if anyone else had gone through this already

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.