iPhone X Question about iPhone upgrade program

falcon511

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2016
I have an iPhone X on the iPhone upgrade program. I just bought a Pixel and I want to give this iPhone to my dad to use as he doesnt like his S8+ all that much. I am still making the payments on the phone and I dont mind that I keep making them if he has the phone. My only question would be, would Apple or Citizen One be okay with this? My and my dad are on the same plan and live in the same house.

When I give him my iPhone X, I will probably just tell him to swap the sim cards out since the iphone and the S8+ take the same sim anyway. I just want to know if the phone will brick or Apple or CO will do something to prevent that.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I have an iPhone X on the iPhone upgrade program. I just bought a Pixel and I want to give this iPhone to my dad to use as he doesnt like his S8+ all that much. I am still making the payments on the phone and I dont mind that I keep making them if he has the phone. My only question would be, would Apple or Citizen One be okay with this? My and my dad are on the same plan and live in the same house.

When I give him my iPhone X, I will probably just tell him to swap the sim cards out since the iphone and the S8+ take the same sim anyway. I just want to know if the phone will brick or Apple or CO will do something to prevent that.
Nope your fine if you keep it and just continue making the payments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.