Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Hi all - I understand that I need to make 12 payments before I can become eligible to upgrade to the newest iPhone.

My question is this - how do I go about making extra payments? I signed up in January but I want to make sure I can upgrade to the next iPhone this fall.

I logged on to the Citizens One portal but there is no option to make an additional payment. Do I have to call?

Thanks!

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hi all - I understand that I need to make 12 payments before I can become eligible to upgrade to the newest iPhone.

My question is this - how do I go about making extra payments? I signed up in January but I want to make sure I can upgrade to the next iPhone this fall.

I logged on to the Citizens One portal but there is no option to make an additional payment. Do I have to call?

Thanks!
Yes you would have to call them directly in order to accomplish this. It would be nice to have that functionality online, for sure.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

Thanks!
...seems a little silly signing up to the program in January when you know the new iPhones are coming out 9 months later, no?

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Not when you can make a few extra payments and still upgrade when the new phones come out. All I was asking is if there was a simpler way to do it rather than having to call in.
No need to make extra payments, when you want to upgrade use the store app or website to check eligibility, the amount of money owed or how many months left will be displayed. You can check anytime

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I think you don't need to call. The iPhone X came out November 3, 2017 (I got it on launch). The next year I was able to upgrade to the XS on launch (September 21, 2018). I can't remember the exact details but I think I was just billed the extra payments when I indicated that I wanted to upgrade.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
No need to make extra payments, when you want to upgrade use the store app or website to check eligibility, the amount of money owed or how many months left will be displayed. You can check anytime
Nice! And then do I have the option of paying off the remaining months at that point?

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Thanks all for the helpful info, much appreciated. I wish they would make this kind of information clearer when you sign up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.