question about iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz786, Dec 11, 2007.

1. abz786 macrumors 6502

hey quick question, just bought an unlocked iphone 1.1.1. version.
    i am finding that it is freezing and keeps doing a soft reset, goes back to the main menu a lot, just when opening the ipod or text message or internet.
    why is this happening? anything i can do to fix this?

the store i got it from, it was their demo version but it was in mint condition and was used for more then 2 minutes which exceeds their return policy, but i did purchase extended warranty which pretty much just gives me a credit for the amount i paid for it at the store.. kindly if anyone knows what i can do please as i am not feeling at all comfortable unlocking the phone myself

thx

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

try cycling it ( turn it on and off ) hard reset it, and if you don't mind restoring via iTunes you can always do that.

how much did you pay for it? and how much was the extended warranty if you don't mind me asking.

3. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have done the cycle
    hard restore, won't that re lock my phone?
    paid $450 and warranty was $50so $500 which isn't bad at all

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

This happened to my iphone when I upgraded to 1.1.1. Safari and iPod were the worst affected apps. IIRC, I think the upgrade to 1.1.1 may have left me with a conflict between different versions of ssh, one from "installer" and one from "independence". It also may have had something to do with needing to upgrade "installer" via its own upgrade facility once the phone is at 1.1.1.

I ended up downgrading to 1.0.2, re-virginising and then re-upgrading. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but it was a while ago. I'm afraid that if you're going to run your iphone away from Apple's safety net, then it's best to be able to do your own software maintenance.

This is a good place to start looking.