Question about iPhone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbenson94, May 13, 2010.

1. bbenson94 macrumors newbie

Hey guys i've been coming to this site for some time now and decided to make an account... I am planning on buying the iphone 4g whenever it comes out and i am currently on the verizon network. Should i wait for the iphone to come to verizon? Or should i just go ahead an switch over to AT&T? I have heard that the service for AT&T is horrible but im sure its not that bad. Thanks guys

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

That seems like a very personal decision and not one forum members could really help out on.

But, you should ask friends who have AT&T how their service is (assuming they live by you).

Also, you can always switch to AT&T and try it out for 30 days. If not satisfied, you can get out of your contract and return the phone (Of course, you're out some money).

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You may have an extended wait for (even if) the iPhone arrives on verizon. The latest scuttlebutt is that apple/att entered into a 5 year exclusive contract back in 2007, so given that its only 2010, there's 2 more years left. Plus there's been rumors that apple/att may have extended that in light of att's very favorable pricing for the ipad data plan.

Depending on where you live will dictate how good or bad ATT is. I've found their customer support to be no worse then verizon's. In fact its always been very good. As for service, it really does depend on where you live. I live in Boston Ma, and the service is excellent. Folks from NY complain bitterly about how poorly att is there, so it all boils down to coverage.