Question about iPhoto Slideshow...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cujoca, Apr 9, 2007.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Hi everybody...I have to do a slideshow using iPhoto for one of my classes. Last time i did a slideshow it was reallt annoying because it continually played one song over and over. I'm just wondering if there is a way to play a collection of songs? Kind of like a playlist for my slideshow, if that makes any sense...

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. 7masscom macrumors member

iphoto workaround

I don't believe you can play multiple audio clips in an iphoto slideshow but what you can do is export the slideshow as a quicktime movie, import it into imovie and then add the audio clips you want into the timeline.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

iMovie is the answer :)

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Open iPhoto, create the slideshow. In the properties or advanced section there is a place to select the playlist from itunes that you want the slideshow to use.

I'm not home now, but I will be in a couple of hours. I will get the specifics for you then.

It is absolutely possible.

Brian

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Open iPhoto

click the slideshow you want in the left pane.

At the bottom of the window there is a button that says Music, and has a picutre of the music notes.

Click it.

Then select the playlist you want played during the slideshow.

Best,

Brian

6. TheSunmiester macrumors member

he is correct, you can create a playlist in iTunes and select the playlist as your music or as others said, use iMovie

7. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Sorry, did not see this topic. This was a huge problem for me. iMovie seems to lower the quality of my pictures no matter how much I screw with the settings. iPhoto is much quicker and simpler.

However, the pause inbetween tracks can be annoying AND if you export to iDVD, only the first track gets sent.

I use GarageBand, drag all the songs I want. Garage band is very simple to use, probably 30 min of screwing around and you will learn everything you need to know.

I blend the songs nicely and transition between them nicely and then Export that to iTunes to make one long track. Comes out brilliant.

If you needs tips after you attempt let me know.

PS. Do the math before hand to try and ball park how long you need the song to be. I factor 4-5 seconds per picture and go from there.

8. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I know in iPhoto there are settings where you can tell it how long to display the photos, whether you want them to move in a certain way, how the zoom will work, etc.

Knowing how long each photo is up there, and how many photos there are total will give you an idea of how many songs you need if you don't want them to loop.

Brian

9. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I need my slideshows to end when the music does, thats why I do that, but your point is very valid for people who dont.

10. indira macrumors newbie

Wow I swear I just spent days trying to blend songs from a playlist for a slideshow! I even opened a thread on this topic because it was driving me crazy. I for one would love to learn how to drag songs into GarageBand and blend them. I took one look at it and felt it looked impossible!

11. BigPrince macrumors 68020

takes me 10 minutes...

Open iTunes, find songs or playlist. Open GarageBand file, Delete the default junk(ie. Piano)

Drag and drop song from iTunes into Garageband. Each Song will become a new track.

Line up the songs accordingly. Learn to play with some of the controls to blend them nicely.

Very simple, very intuitive.

If after some valid effort you don't get it, let me know. I will write very specific instructions. But probably not for another two weeks since I have finals coming up.

12. indira macrumors newbie

It is a deal!

After your finals we will meet back here and go for it.
    I briefly (cuz I am busy right now too) tried what you just wrote with an 8 song playlist.

When I dragged the playlist over to GarageBand only 3 songs appeared there. I suppose when I have time I will try and bring each song over individually.

I should be using the "New Music Project" choice at GarageBand right?

Also after I make this very smooth, cool playlist I sure hope I will be able to assimilate it with a slideshow ;)

13. westo104 macrumors newbie

Selecting a Playlist in Iphoto Slideshow

Hey, I am having similar problems with Iphoto 6 because when I click the music icon at the bottom of the slideshow window, none of my playlists show up. I can only select individual songs. And I've looked everywhere for a setting that enables playlists to come up. Before having my software reconfigured, I was able to select only playlists and not songs from my library and I loved that, how do I my setting back to just playlists? Or any way to set iphoto music to recognize a playlist in my itunes?? Thanks!