iPod question about ipod auto syncing

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
15,307
26
Right side of wrong
if you have auto syncing on, how does it keep up with play count?

in other words, if you listen to a song on your ipod, then listen to the same song on your computer, will it add both to the play count when you sync the ipod and computer?
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,974
390
twoodcc said:
so it will add both the times that you play the songs on your ipod and on your computer?
Yes. With auto-sync on, your iPod is a portable version of your iTunes library. Whatever you do to the music on your iPod is carried over to iTunes and vice versa.
 

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
15,307
26
Right side of wrong
Chundles said:
Yes. With auto-sync on, your iPod is a portable version of your iTunes library. Whatever you do to the music on your iPod is carried over to iTunes and vice versa.
ok thanks, just making sure
 

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
15,307
26
Right side of wrong
dukebound85 said:
anyway to keep it autosynch but still play files off ipod when plugged in? like when you have it on manual synch?
i am not sure. but if it was autosync, then there would be no reason to play off of the ipod, cuz the files would already be on the computer
 

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
255
0
New York, NY
dukebound85 said:
anyway to keep it autosynch but still play files off ipod when plugged in? like when you have it on manual synch?
Nope. Just disk mode or manual sync (essentially the same in that respect)... but why would you want to?
 

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
18,157
1,507
5045 feet above sea level
clintob said:
Nope. Just disk mode or manual sync (essentially the same in that respect)... but why would you want to?
well i store all my music off my external. so when i use my laptop i have my ipod as well.

you may ask why not use the ipod. well i like the itunes interace more than scrolling throught the ipod lol
 

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
255
0
New York, NY
dukebound85 said:
well i store all my music off my external. so when i use my laptop i have my ipod as well.

you may ask why not use the ipod. well i like the itunes interace more than scrolling throught the ipod lol
Fair enough... just put it in manual mode when you want to listen, and then switch it back?

Or get iPodDisk and pull off the files you want to listen to:
http://ipoddisk.ourbiti.com
 

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
18,157
1,507
5045 feet above sea level
phuong said:
where can i find play count? why is it so important?

go to view->view options and click play count.

it isn't impoartant but it's nice to see what songs i listen to the most. im the same guy who will calculate the mpg for each fill up on my car lol
 

charliein12

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
1
0
On my iPod

Is there a way to see my play count on my actual iPod? I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find it.
 

Similar threads

  • Haemoglobin
2
Replies
2
Views
257
  • bertomactic
2
Replies
2
Views
248
  • Fusionskies
6
Replies
6
Views
353
  • kht410
14
Replies
14
Views
795
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.