Question about iPod in Disk mode

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MatLane, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Ok,

I have my windows pc here

and im going to be getting my mac this week. Might be a dumb question but i have never had to do this before

Lets say i drag my files in disk mode on my ipod and put my pics and music library on there

and then plug it into the mac, will the files in disk mode show up like as if it was an external? and can i just move my files over as if it was too?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

[Yes, an iPod in disk mode is "just a disk". Put a really small disk. Most people woud have more files than would fit on an iPod even a Classic.

You could simply use the network and move file that way

Or you could salvage the hard drive from the PC by plaing it inside an external enclosure. you WILL need some external drives for backups anyways.

3. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

MatLane

I dont have much to move over

I have my whole libary which fits on there now and my pictures are currently on my new usb stick.

Ill be getting a backup drive soon but i was asking if i can move files that way?

4. mexicali macrumors newbie

Yes, I think you can do this since the Mac can easily recognize the iPod.

5. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Sharepod...

Check this out: http://www.getsharepod.com/download/

My son's pc got a virus and his iPod wasn't set to disk mode. Another thread suggested this site and freeware to help restore his music from the ipod back into iTunes after he restored his hard drive. Worked flawlessly.