question about ipod touch before buying

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by huskerwr38, Jul 5, 2008.

1. huskerwr38 macrumors member

I want to buy an ipod touch, but have some questions.
    Does it have bluetooth?
    Is there anyway to get some sort of GPS without wifi?
    How hard is it to jailbreak one?
    Can you play nes games and what other fun games can you get?
    How do you use the controls?
    Am I correct in saying that there isn't any speakers you have to use headphones?
    Also one more, I think I saw an app where you can make VOIP calls with the ipod touch, anyone use this?
    Thanks.

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I want to buy an ipod touch, but have some questions.
    Does it have bluetooth? NO
    Is there anyway to get some sort of GPS without wifi? No
    How hard is it to jailbreak one? very easy with Ziphone
    Can you play nes games and what other fun games can you get? can't help you there, I don't know what nes games are
    How do you use the controls? you touch them with your finger
    Am I correct in saying that there isn't any speakers you have to use headphones? yes
    Also one more, I think I saw an app where you can make VOIP calls with the ipod touch, anyone use this? yes but you have to buy an add-on microphone and use earphones
    Thanks.[/QUOTE]

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Does it have bluetooth? No
    Is there anyway to get some sort of GPS without wifi? No
    How hard is it to jailbreak one? Easy
    Can you play nes games and what other fun games can you get: Quite likely, i have not JB'ed mine so i couldnt tell you
    Am I correct in saying that there isn't any speakers you have to use headphones? Yes

4. huskerwr38 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for replying.
    Just to clarify, nes games are nintendo games.
    One more question, how good is the google maps at locating your location? Does it just use the nearest wifi way point to determine your location?
    So I guess it's pretty much useless in the car, huh?

I really want to get the iphone, but I'm locked into a t-mobile contract for another year :mad:

5. FishStik5 macrumors newbie

If you jailbreak your ipod you can play nes games on it. also, the google maps uses wifi triangulation (it uses three wifi spots to determine your location). it then shows you a circle that generally marks where you are. it's nowhere as precise as a GPS though, so you shouldn't use it as one.

6. cfs macrumors 6502a

Also, don't plan on using it map app. in Asia, of you go because it won't work there. Search online where google maps will work before traveling overseas.

Cfs