iPod touch Question about iPod Touch Jailbreaking 3.4.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AdamK11, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AdamK11 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just a quick/dumb question about jailbreaking the iPod touch. Having googled around, I've found that the last working untethered jailbreak was for 4.3.3? So, my question is, that my friend bought an iPod 4th gen touch recently and obviously having synced it up to her laptop, she has bought a few apps. She now wants me to jailbreak the iPod for her and I know I can do that fine without losing her apps because i'll cancel the sync on iTunes.. right?

But she also wanted me to put music on the iPod for her too from my computer but she doesnt have any songs on it at the moment. So my question is, that after jailbreaking the iPod, connecting it up to iTunes again... if i cancelled the sync and add music to her iPod, will it delete her apps? because it has to sync the music obviously? I'm not too sure..

Also, once I have added music and give her it back and she connects it to her iTunes at home.. will all that music be lost by simply syncing it to her iTunes OR only if she tries to add music on her laptop?

Is there any way round that? Or.. would it just be easier to give her a hard drive full of music and tell her to do it herself? :p

Sorry if I've complicated it :\

Thanks for any help also

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It would be much easier to just give her the music and keep the iPod synced to her computer. Jailbreak 4.3.3 with jailbreakme.com or redsnow.

3. AdamK11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the wrong subject title... just realised it should say 4.3.3!

But thanks for the advice, I think thats the best way aswell! :)

Thanks