question about iskin Solo FX SE and similar cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Dec 10, 2009.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I like the looks of the Solo FX SE but the reviews seem to indicate that the buttons are a bit hard to press. I assume that this is due to the thickness of the case so I'm wondering which of these rubbery/silicone-type cases are thinnest. Are the original iskin Solos the thinnest ones or is there another similarly designed case by another company that is thinner so that the buttons are easier to press?

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

its hydrocarbon and not silicone...
    its hard to press when sometimes not aligned properly or badly designed case (thickness doesnt really matter that much)
    the switcheasy vulcan is a good option since they usually pay special detail to tactile usability

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

The type of material isn't so much a concern for me - I'm basically talking about any type of case that isn't a hard case. Whether it's silicone, rubber, hydrocarbon (whatever that is), etc., I'm talking about the soft cases.

How does the Vulcan compare as far as thickness/bulk? I don't want anything that adds a ton of bulk to the phone.

4. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I do like the looks of the Vulcan but a couple of things concern me. One of the reviews I saw mentions that it's a fingerprint magnet - that would drive me nuts. I'm also not sure I like that little button thing on the back since it will cause the phone to rock when it's sitting on a table.

I'd love to see a comparison between the Vulcan and the Solo FX SE. I can't tell which is bulkier and that's important to me.

6. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

there about the same thickness
    every case rocks when you put it on a table since the curved back of the iPhone 3G