Question about Itune store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by super michael, Sep 17, 2011.

1. super michael macrumors regular

The problem is in Gibraltar where I live, they don't bring Itune store card, but I registered a UK Itune store account. The thing is no shop in gibraltar brings Itune store card and no online shop brings it. A apple shop said the only to get them is if I go to UK or buy from ebay.

I was wondering is it possible to buy a Spain itune store card to use on the UK Itune store?

UK uses sterlin £, while Spain uses Euros

Really apple are a bunch of idiots for not bringing or allowing shops to get Itune store cards in Gibraltar.

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

No, sorry.

I'm reasonably sure Apple would gladly have a unified store for the entire world instead of the strict geographical limitations they have now, but they can't due to the way the content is licensed. Calling Apple "a bunch of idiots" won't resolve that problem.

3. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

The reason they don't bring UK itune store card is because they don't recognize Gibraltar. Even though we have a apple store, the apple shop said that the Apple UK don't allow Gibraltar apple to get itune store card.

For the record, the apple store in Gibraltar is called Newton, site newton.gi.

Apple don't even have gibraltar to register, you have to register as UK.

The thing I don't like is, Console like PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, we get their store cards, but Apple are the only ones that are being difficult with this.

Since they don't bring Itune store card, I won't able to buy anything from Itune store once I get an ipod touch.

4. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

So apart from credit card and debit card, isn't there any way to buy apps from the Itune store?

I find it unfair that everywhere in the world apple released Itune store card except gibraltar.

I don't want to use my debit card since what happened with the PS3.

Before only USA got the PSN store card, people were telling me that to just use my credit card/debit card, since Europe didn't get it at that time, I never used my debit card on PSN store. Then later the PSN got hacked and information of their credit card and debit card were stolen. I think some even lost money on their credit cards and debit cards.

I can't risk of losing money by the company being hacked.

5. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Are there not pre-paid credit/debit cards over there?

Put $50 (or whatever your currency is) on it, and that's all that could get lost. Then when that starts to run out, recharge it with more $$.

Also, it's worth noting that Apple has never been hacked.