Question about iTunes account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sebs2, May 7, 2009.

1. sebs2 macrumors newbie

Hello all, here is my question:

I just recently made the PC to Mac switch (hooray!), and my biggest worry was moving my large iTunes library. I did this with much success (a few minor issues, no big deal), and then I went to copy my new iPhone playlist to my phone (it needed some updating so I didn't mind re-doing it). This is where I ran into a small snag...
    There were six songs that wouldn't transfer to my iPhone because it said that they weren't registered to my account, and that they were registered under a different account (which happened to include my email address). I didn't even know that I had this other account, and the funny thing is, I bought all of these songs off iTunes with what I assumed was my regular account.
    I guess my question is: how do I make these songs available to put on my iPhone? I figured authorizing the account would make it work, but it didn't. Is there a way to move these songs from that account (which I'm still curious as to when it was made) to my main iTunes account so that I don't run into this problem again?
    Sorry for the novel, and I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Contact Apple support, they might do it if all the personal data matches.

3. sebs2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was something I could fix, or if I would have to go through Apple. I will go do that now. Thanks again!