Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxatv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hi i'm djing a prom here in a couple weeks and I'm planning on having my imac just sitting on a table with visualizer running full screen and itunes in dj mode while the imac is hooked up to sound system, then I can moniter and control everything from my iphone anywhere in the building but I also want to have it so people can request songs and have them added to the list like remote and dj allows but I think it would be too complicated to have a actual itouch sitting there on the dj screen it'd be much better if I could have another computer sitting next to it in a request mode so people can browse the library and all and request songs like they could on the itouch but do it on a computer instead. I hope I made that understandable. If not let me know and I will try to re-explain myself. Thanks guys!!!!!!

nickb.rock

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2009
im having a party this weekend and am looking to do something similar

the party will be in the basement and i have a spare PC lying around.
my library will be upstairs on my MBP and streaming using airfoil to the computer downstairs as well as an airport hooked up to a home stereo downstairs

i'd like to be able to have people at the party make requests for 'itunes dj' on the spare PC rather than on their ipod touches / iphones as not everybody there has access to an ipod touch or iphone

GottaLoveApple4

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
Cool idea

I would say that the best way to do that would be if you had an extra wireless router or airport express and setup a network without a password. Then everyone at the prom could connect with their iPhones/iPod touches and request songs. Then you could monitor it with your iPhone as well. Without the wireless network you wouldn't be able to monitor it. Also, write out a little bit of instructions for the prom students so they would know how to request and vote for songs and put it on a poster or something. I do this at my parties all the time and it works perfectly. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.:D

Edit: As for the PC part, I'm not sure if you can do that but it could be possible. If apple ever updates the apple tv with iTunes dj features then it would be a lot easier for your situation I would think. I'll play around and see if I can find a way to do it though and let you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.