Question about itunes duplicated album covers.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hydatiform, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Hydatiform macrumors newbie

New to the forum, and just have a question regarding something that just bugs me on an aesthetic level. My question is about the grouping of songs, what determines it?? I keep my itunes in the cover flow view, arranged by album title in descending alphabetical order. I'm also very meticulous with having everything labeled correctly, in addition to matching cover artwork. Anyhow, some of the albums I import into itunes will randomly have anywhere from 3-9 covers for the songs comprising the album. I'm aware that small things like presence of or lack of Album Artist can make this happen, but wondering what else contributes to this occurrence?! It's kind of severely annoying me, even after double-checking the info/summary/etc. of the songs within whatever album, and seeing NO differences other than song title, yet still having excessive amounts of covers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if the album has different artists for each song you can get multiple artwork for the same album. making the album a compilation in get info fixes this. or there could be spaces after the artist's name for some of the songs.

3. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I've got a solution that I think should work for you...

Instead of selecting each song individually, select all of the songs within the album at once. When they are selected, right clicking and choosing "get info" will bring you to a menu where multiple songs can be organized at the same time.

Copy and paste the album art into the area in which it belongs, then check the box next to it. This will keep the albums organized.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything clarified.

4. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Believe it or not, this doesn't work! You'd think this would solve the problem, but it doesn't. I tried it because I am irritated by this same issue. In fact, I went line by line retyped EVERYTHING to make sure it was identical (except for song names), and no solution.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

The artist can be different in each song, but the "album artist" must be consistent or else it will duplicate your album art. If that doesn't work, do as someone else said and merge it into a compliation.

6. Spongey817 macrumors regular

As stated in the post above me, you might want to try and click all of the empty boxes, or those that you aren't using. Let me know.