Question about iTunes HD movies on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PDFierro, Oct 3, 2011.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I don't have a Mac at the moment, but may get one again in the future. I am going to get the new iPhone and there are some HD movies that I would def. want to put on the iPhone.

But you have to own a Mac with HDCP in order to get them. A couple questions, I am unable to buy them individually, but for one which is a franchise it looks like it will allow me to buy them as part of a bundle. Would this work like I'm thinking?

Or could I technically buy them on a Mac at the Apple store, and just download it on my iPhone later? Would I be able to transfer like that or are these HD movies only viewable on a Mac?

It's not a big deal, I'd probably be content with the SD file, but if there's an easy way around it.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You could probably buy them on your iPhone, or on any Mac really, but getting HD to watch on the iPhone is a bit of a waste. The screen is too small to really make a big difference between SD and HD. HD is more for watching on the computer where it makes a bigger difference.

3. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

That's what I thought. From what I hear, the difference is minimal. With TV shows it's a no brainer to go with HD, but with the movies the file sizes are so big and such. I'm not sure how it would let me buy the HD movies on the iPhone, though.

Thanks.