Question about iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by evanrousso, Mar 3, 2008.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

I just bought the Juno soundtrack off of iTunes. I have never really bought a soundtrack so I was surprised to find that the songs are listed separately throughout my library instead of as one album.

Is there a way to change the settings to list the soundtrack as one album instead of separately by artist?

2. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

either change "Album Artist" from "Various Artists" to "Juno" or "Juno Soundtrack" it'll group them together (if you sort by Album Artist), but probably not in the track order. if you want it to display in track order, sort by Album.
    I generally do this to albums with multiple artists that i listen to a lot, but quite a few arn't organized thus, and make the "V" section of cover-flow extra long....

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I also sometimes change it to "Cast of (whatever)"...although with Juno it's different since the cast isn't actually singing :eek:

4. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Check the "Part of compilation" box for the album's tracks in the info panel (or for the whole album do a get info and there's a Yes/No slider box labelled "Compilation", pick yes.)

Then in iTunes preferences check the "Group compilations when browsing" box.

Then in your albums list, when you browse your library, "Compilations" appears first as if it were an artist name. Click on it and then at the right all the compilation albums appear.

Then when you select an album, the tracks for it appear in the lower panel and all the individual artists are listed.

5. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

And one more question about iTunes - how to create folders??? everything I want to listen is in the MUSIС. I try create folder in playlist, but the music I need can't be cut/paste there... it's not comfortable to have everything in "music"

6. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Not sure if I understand what you did. But you can't add a song to a folder. You can add the song to a playlist and add the playlist to a folder, that's how it works. :)