question about itunes match and iPad

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
All of my music is on my iPad as my hard drive crashed and I've just been using my iPad. can i use itunes match to somehow get the music back to myh computer?

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
No, but there is software available that will copy the music from your iPad to your computer. I have an application for the Mac called PhoneDisk, which I believe is free. It will allow you to drag the music folder from your iPad to your computer.

LaazyEye

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
No, but there is software available that will copy the music from your iPad to your computer. I have an application for the Mac called PhoneDisk, which I believe is free. It will allow you to drag the music folder from your iPad to your computer.
Is this not the point of itunes match?

Eroxx: Yes you can, install itunes, sign in, authorize the computer, turn on iTunes Match, Select iTunes Match on the left side (if it doesn't take you there automatically) then select the "Add This Computer" button. Sit and wait.

Last edited:

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
do you have itunes match already enabled? if so, then yes you can. Just add your computer to your match account and all your music should appear.

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
All of my music is on my iPad as my hard drive crashed and I've just been using my iPad. can i use itunes match to somehow get the music back to myh computer?
Only if either a. the music was already synced with your computer with Match or
B. you purchased the music on your iPad thru iTunes