question about itunes match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by princessgleek, Jul 20, 2016.

1. princessgleek macrumors member

princessgleek

So I see Apple Music customers will get access to itunes match soon, at the moment whatever they use to match uploaded songs to apple music doesn't work very well, for example they match to completely wrong songs, I know Itunes Match is much better, but I wondered if the songs I upload will now match to itunes songs as well as apple music streamable songs.

Has anyone on apple music been upgraded to itunes match yet?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Can you link to what you're referring to? iTunes Match is a separate pay service. I also highly doubt that it uses some different matching engine than Apple Music.

And for the record, AM incorrectly matched only like three albums of mine, out of 13000 songs.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I think the OP is confusing iTunes Match with fingerprint matching. :apple:Music is getting fingerprint matching to better identify similar/same named tracks but that is of course NOT the same as iTunes Match.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Misleading worded title. Apple is just adding fingerprint matching (from Match) to :apple:Music and nothing else except allowing DRM free copies of music you own to be synced to iDevices. Both of which should have been included from the beginning. Match will still be a separate $25 a year service and not included with :apple:Music.

5. princessgleek thread starter macrumors member

princessgleek

No but the articles seem to suggest if you own both itunes match and apple music, you won't need Itunes match anymore

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I canceled Match last year right after I got :apple:Music because Match was no longer needed for me. It is all about the features you are interested in. As of now this is still a rumor anyway and Apple info doesn't reflect what or if any changers are being made to :apple:Music. Jim Dalrymple does have a pretty good track record but it may be all correct, part correct or none correct.

Here is what Apple says and is still applicable: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204962

7. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

I wish that Match would become part of the iCloud service...