Question About iWeb and URLs

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dmac77, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hi (again),

So I have my website which we will cal abcde12345.com (that's not my website). When I'm building it in iWeb, it wants me to give a name to the site, and it also makes me name the various pages. But when I upload my site to the server, and I go to abcde12345.com it redirects to abcde12345.com/sitename/pagename for the main page. Is there a way to make the main page's URL just be abcde12345.com , and the other URLs on the site be abcde12345.com/pagename ?

Thanks,

Don

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You'll want to take the contents of folder 'sitename' and just move it up a level. That'll be the closest you can come to because of the way iWeb is setup.

3. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Okay thanks.

Also, do other WYSIWYG editors also have this issue? If not can you suggest one? I've already tried RapidWeaver, but I really didn't like it.

Thanks,

Don

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Among the very few WYSIWYG editors I've seen, iWeb is the only one to have that limitation. iWeb is rather unique in its approach. I use text editors 99.5% of the time with BBEdit being my main application. KompoZer is the only WYSIWYG editor I use, but it's not wonderful, but it does look at least like some people are developing it again (look for the 0.8 alpha) so maybe it'll improve. It's free though, so it's worth a look see.

5. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Thanks again.

Don Crawford