Question about iWork being free

Luke93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
I'm buying a brand new imac next month and am led to believe the new models now have iWork included free.
My question is after downloading them free onto my imac with Apple ID, will they then also become free on my iPad 2 which I already own?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm buying a brand new imac next month and am led to believe the new models now have iWork included free.
My question is after downloading them free onto my imac with Apple ID, will they then also become free on my iPad 2 which I already own?
From: Apple Introduces Next Generation iWork and iLife Apps for OS X and iOS
iWork and iLife for Mac come free with every new Mac purchase. Existing users running Mavericks can update their apps for free from the Mac App Store℠. iWork and iLife for iOS are available for free from the App Store℠ for any new device running iOS 7, and are also available as free updates for existing users. GarageBand for Mac and iOS are free for all OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 users.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
You'd only get them free on iOS if you also got a new iOS device, in case the post above mine didn't make that clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.