Question About Jail Brake iphone 4

enzo12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2012
So I JB my iphone4 yesterday following this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gReZWm_iSlQ

i let cydia load, then go to search, then type PDANET (free tethering app i used when i had my droid) and when i start typing the first letter "P" to get the app I get this on the list:

PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
Profile directory

I dont know what else to do!!! The only reason I JB my iphone is because I need this app for tethering! I am traveling and paying $19 a day at the hotel I am staying at! Its ridiculous when I can get free internet out of my phone.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
So I JB my iphone4 yesterday following this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gReZWm_iSlQ

i let cydia load, then go to search, then type PDANET (free tethering app i used when i had my droid) and when i start typing the first letter "P" to get the app I get this on the list:

PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
Profile directory

I dont know what else to do!!! The only reason I JB my iphone is because I need this app for tethering! I am traveling and paying $19 a day at the hotel I am staying at! Its ridiculous when I can get free internet out of my phone.
PDANet is not free on iphone

Did you try to type PDA and then hit search?

Comment

enzo12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2012
?

PDANet is not free on iphone

Did you try to type PDA and then hit search?
Yes as I said before, I typed PDANET and nothing comes up only the list of weird words i mentioned on my previous thread.

PDANET is not free on iphone? As far as i know, iphone does not even offer PDANET

And yes is for tethering as I mentioned on my previous thread.

----------

Then don't use PDANet - you can also use MyWi or TetherMe.
Hi Rooney, whats MyWi or TetherMe?

Comment

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
its there, I have it on mine, could be since cydia is getting hammered one of your sources hasnt loaded. Just wait till tomorrow or something and try again, but I assure you PDAnet is there

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Don't just type, but do an active search, PDANet is available on the ModMyI repo and no it's not free.

Comment

enzo12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2012
Any other ways?

suggestions? how can i tether? I really need to do the tethering thing! Even if i have to buy an app for a small amount, but i need the connection!

Thanks guys!

----------

Don't just type, but do an active search, PDANet is available on the ModMyI repo and no it's not free.
ok thats fine even if i have to pay, what do you mean with "dont just type" how do i get the Modfy? nothing comes up when i type something on the search bar on cydia!!!!

----------

maybe i have to remove the cydia JB and do the JB all over again? is that such thing?

sometime si do it with facebook, i delete it and i download the app again.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.