iPod touch Question about jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by super michael, Oct 3, 2011.

1. super michael, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

super michael macrumors regular

I was wondering when the Ipod touch 5g is out will it be possible to jailbreak or do we need to wait until its been out a few months to nearly a year to know?

Sorry I forgot I created a thread asking this question, but the problem is there is no button to delete this thread.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

There will most likely be some wait involved.

3. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

I see so once the ipod touch 5g we need to wait until there is jailbreak for the IOS the ipod touch 5g uses.

How long did it take for Ipod touch 4g to get its jailbreak? I hope jailbreaking the Ipod touch 5g won't be too hard compared to the 4th generation.

4. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

If we are super fortunate, there will be an iOS5 jailbreak through jailbreakme.com

iOS5 tethered JB should not be too far off as hackers have already found exploits in beta iOS5.

Untethered iOS5 is a different story, it may be any where from weeks to several months before an untethered JB is out.

5. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

what is the difference between Untethered and tethered? Is Untethered the one that you can switch of the ipod touch without losing jailbreak and tethered is the one that if the ipod touch switch of you lose the jailbreak and need to install it?

6. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Bump

Since there is no Ipod touch 5g, I be getting the ipod touch 4g in December. I was wondering will it be easy to jailbreak the Ipod touch 4g?

I never had a ipod touch before, What is Untethered and tethered?

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

If you have a tethered jailbreak and you run out of battery you will not be able to turn the device on, if you try to boot it you will lose your jailbreak.

If you have a untethered jailbreak. you can turn off and on your device whenever you want and you will have the jailbreak.

Only way to turn a tethered device on is to connect device to computer.

Untethered is generally the way to as it is not risky , however some people can handle tethered.

8. Eponime13 macrumors newbie

I'm stuck...

My iPod has iOS 4.3.1. I downloaded RedsnOw and iOS 4.3.4. They were both in zip files so I extracted the files. It said it couldn't find this path route thing in the iOS. I don't know whether that's important or not. Anyway, I launched RedsnOw and browsed my files for the iOS firmware. I found it, and kept opening up the files in it. Then I came to a dead end when there was nothing to open. Can anyone please tell me what to do? I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread or whatever, by the way.

9. Eponime13 macrumors newbie

No! Never mind! I finally did it! I just changed the .zip file extension to .ipsw. Yay!