Question about Jailbreaking iphone 4 with ios 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by roscoboy272, Sep 15, 2010.

1. roscoboy272 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 and when I had ios 4.0.1, I jailbroke it via jailbreakme.com and saved my "thingy" (SHSH??) with Cydia. However, at the time, I wasn't aware of MyWi, etc and got rid of the jailbreak and updated my phone to 4.0.2 and then to 4.1. I NOW realize how bad I want ro re-jailbreak my phone (and obviously regret ever updating my phone). Is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to wait for an official jailbreak for 4.1? Please help.

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do you remember if you saved the 4.0.1 shsh on time?
    If yes you can either downgrade to 4.0.1 or wait till the new 4.1 JB is out.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Download TinyUmbrella, and run it, it will tell you "IF" you have the 4.0.1 SHSHs saved, if you do, just hit the "start TSS server" botom, and Restore to 4.0.1.

If you don;t have the SHSHs saved (tinyUmbrella will tell you), you are stuck until the 4.1JB is release.

4. roscoboy272 thread starter macrumors newbie

download tinyumbrella on my phone or my mac?I know I saved my SHSH, but I don't know if I did it in time.

5. roscoboy272 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

TinyUmbrella is a desktop app.

If you "Saved" your SHSHs them you did it on time, If you were too "late" them you couldn't have saved them.