Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

super michael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
I was wondering is it easy to jailbreak a Iphone 4s or the future Iphone 5? The thing is I don't have an Iphone just an Ipod touch, but my friend did the jailbreaking for me.

Now if I get the Iphone 4s is it easy to jailbreak? Are there any risk to jailbreaking the Iphone 4s? Will it get laggy or performance stay the same?

As for future Iphone 5 will it be possible to jailbreak? Will it be as easy as Iphone 4s and Ipod touch?

B2FiNiTY

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2011
I was wondering is it easy to jailbreak a Iphone 4s or the future Iphone 5? The thing is I don't have an Iphone just an Ipod touch, but my friend did the jailbreaking for me.

Now if I get the Iphone 4s is it easy to jailbreak? Are there any risk to jailbreaking the Iphone 4s? Will it get laggy or performance stay the same?

As for future Iphone 5 will it be possible to jailbreak? Will it be as easy as Iphone 4s and Ipod touch?

1. Yes, easy.

2. Living is a risk, just do it

3. same performance unless you install a bunch of junk

4. nobody knows, nobody can accurately predict the future

super michael

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
1. Yes, easy.

2. Living is a risk, just do it

3. same performance unless you install a bunch of junk

4. nobody knows, nobody can accurately predict the future

Thanks for answering my question, that really helped me a lot. My friend Ipod touch with jailbreak looks very cool, so on Iphone it should look even better.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for answering my question, that really helped me a lot. My friend Ipod touch with jailbreak looks very cool, so on Iphone it should look even better.

Yeah I jailbroke an iPod touch before doing it on my 4S and my 4S handled it a lot better. Maybe it was just that the iPod was slow and I wasn't used to it (it was my sisters). Definitely go for it! It's very easy and well worth it. Just make a backup before and read up before you do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.