Question about Jailbreaking my Ipod Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mapbry, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Mapbry macrumors newbie

If I were to jail-break my iPod touch is there that chance that it would not be able to be restored so that the 1 year warranty that came with it would be voided?

I have not tryed to jail-break and i dont know what the pros and cons are.

Thanks for your time!

2. skir0987 macrumors regular

I don't think there is really any way to brick the touch as of now... I've heard of people who get endless startup screens, but I'm not sure if they were able to fix it or not. However, the chance is very small... I've jailbroken my iPod around five times, and each has been absolutely flawless. I'd say go for it. And if your iPod screen breaks so you can't see anything any longer, you can just hold down the power and home button until it turns off and keep holding the home button to force it in to restore mode, and apple will never know it was jailbroken :cool:

Shep

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if the touch software screwed up its so easy to restore the touch, jailbreaking is sooo easy now, you just point a 1.1.1 touch to a website via safari and the jailbreak will happen automatically no need for you to do anything

4. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Just picked up a 1.1.1 box-new Touch. If you jailbreak it, then you basically ignore any updates that iTunes prompts you for or at least until 1.1.2 jailbreaks are confirmed to be stable?

Update: I jb'd the Touch, did the upgrade to 1.1.2, and am absolutely loving the what the Touch is capable of with all the PDA functionality now enabled.