Question about Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mcagayat, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mcagayat macrumors member

Hello guys,

I was always against jailbreaking my iphone 4 because I thought it makes the iphone 4 too unstable, until I got an iPad and Rogers here in Canada wants to charge me an extra $20 to share my 6GB data plan!

I want to be able to tether without paying $20! I just have some questions that I can't seem to find about jailbreaking!

Will I still be able to buy apps and update them regularly on the iphone? As I only want to jailbreak to get MiWi lol

Please let me know, thanks guys!!!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can't find the Answer to that question. then Jailbreaking might not be for you so that you save $240 bucks a year.

but the answer is YES!!! I think the stickies at the top would have said that. update though you wait for the jailbreak releases. I am 4.0.2 firmware right now and will stay untill the next jailbrake is out.

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Wow, awesome post dude :rolleyes:

Now for an answer that hasn't been molested by grammatical abominations/language barriers.

If you jailbreak, you will be able to update your app store apps like normal without any change whatsoever.

Right now, the most recent firmware you can jailbreak is 4.0.1. If you have 4.0.2 like "labman" then you will not be able to jailbreak and the fact that he's waiting on 4.0.2 until the next jailbreak showcases what might be severe brain damage. If you have 4.0.2 you might as well go to 4.1 because there won't be a jailbreak for 4.0.2.

When the next jailbreak comes out (for 4.1 or higher) don't worry about your normal apps, they will be fine. Jailbreak and in cydia purchase mywi.

4. mcagayat thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much for your answer!! :) I have firmware 4.1 so I guess I will have to wait a while to jailbreak.

5. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

:D

6. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Awesome.:apple:

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You don't need to waste your money on mywi or any other program to enable tethering. You just need that patched file by wortel...

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That will not work with the latest firmware.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

thanks for finding the nicer way of calling me a dumb ass appreciate!