Question about jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Irock619, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

When you jailbreak your phone does all the original programs and apps stay the same? Will I have to restore all my apps? What about Siri? Will Siri be affected by the jailbreak?

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Your phone will be the same as long as it restores from a backup. If not then you will have to resync your device. Siri should remain unaffected. You could have 2 devices side by side, one JB the other not, and you won't be able to tell the difference besides the Cydia app:p.

3. labman, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

there is no Jailbreak for the 4S atthe moment so while you wait. Do some research you you will be 100 times better off. Stickies up top good read. Iclarified when there is a legit jailbreak they will have a tutorial.. youtube plenty of video's on the best that jailbreak has to offer.. :D cydia, jailbreak, themes best are good starts..

4. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Cool thanks! What about all the cool themes? I saw the thread where people are posting their home screens. How do they get the themes? Do they create them or download them from a specific website? Sorry for the questions, I have never jailbroken any of my iPhones. I plan on jailbreaking my 4S when it comes out.

----------

Thanks, i'll check out youtube.

5. unlimitedsway macrumors member

Youll be good with the jailbreak. It wont change anything

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

All Jailbraking does is give you Root access to the device, it won't change anything else, whatever you had before, you will have after. What you do once you are jailbroken is what could change your phone, Installs other apps, Themes, sounds, etc, etc.