Question about keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrmember, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mrmember macrumors member

How do I make the onboard keyboard come up and back down and up again without having to use the 'eject' button on the external keyboard?

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

What's wrong with using the eject button?

The only other way is to disconnect the keyboard.

3. mrmember thread starter macrumors member

It's not possible to use the eject button when it's nowhere near the iPad. :)

Okay, thanks.... Wondering why there's no on-off button in settings for this. Too simple I guess.

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

You mean when you take your iPad and walk off without your Bluetooth keyboard? In that case, you should just disconnect since you aren't using the keyboard anymore anyway. Either that or wait until you get out of range. It'll disconnect automatically.

5. mrmember thread starter macrumors member

When it disconnects, will you then see on the screen an option to bring up (or down) the onscreen keyboard? Thanks.

6. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

I'm not even understanding why this is even an issue. It pops up when you select a text-form to type in, and goes away when you don't need to type anymore.

7. mrmember thread starter macrumors member

Pakaku...if you don't understand the question, why are you responding? LOL Go find out why what you said ("It pops up when you select a text-form to type in") does not always work and why that's the problem.