Question about Kingston wi-drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheGdog, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

Hey everyone,

I have a question about the kingston Wi Drive. I got a iPhone 4s last month (was using a dumb phone and a 32gig iPod touch), however in order to keep from spending too much I got the 16gig. I figured that 16 would be plenty and it is, kinda. I found out however that the HD video recordings consume a lot of space, so I went looking for a solution that would allow me to save videos externally. I found the wi drive, but I can't seem to find any info on if it will allow me to upload videos from the camera roll to it. This would eliminate me from carrying a laptop around just to save videos. I don't record videos very often, but when I do I record a lot (some of you may get that joke). Anyway does anyone have any experience with this product?

2. KingstonTech macrumors newbie

Re: Question about Kingston wi-drive

Although we understand the convenience this would bring to the Wi-Drive, this functionality is not currently supported. You must plug the Wi-Drive into a computer via USB in order to copy your videos to it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

3. TheGdog thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGdog

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Are there plans to add this functionality? Or is this restriction due to apple's design of iOS?