Question about late 2011 MBP's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peter., Jun 12, 2012.

1. Peter. macrumors member

I was a little bummed out by the minor spec changes in the MBP's yesterday as the 15" RMBP is a bit out of my price range. I originally planned on going with the 2012 13" MBP but seeing as how there isn't much of an improvement (is this correct?), I'm thinking about going with a late 2011 15" MBP.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1) Will the Apple stores carry new, 2011 15" MBP's or will I have to get one refurbished?

2) I'm a student so with the discount, how much should I expect to pay for the low level 2011 15" MBP? (preferably new)

3) Would I still qualify for the back to school promotion?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. leenak macrumors 68020

Generally, I believe the Apple stores only sell the current product. You might find differently at a store like Best Buy.

If you check the Apple website, they should list new 2011 Macs under clearance but I don't see any right now. Unsure if there is an additional student discount on those.

The back to school promotion seems to indicate that only the current systems apply for back to school promotion. Since they would list the older systems under clearance, unlikely they will qualify for the promotion.

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

The 2011 models are still selling brand new in my Apple store. The inventory will be changed in the next couple of days. But that would be a silly purchase since the 2012 non-retina MBP sells for the same price and is better so it's best to get refurbished if you want the 2011 model.

4. mrobit macrumors regular

MacMall has the 2011 models too, at a pretty good price. Don't hesitate to check them out.