Question about Latest upgrade and Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DJF25, May 13, 2011.

1. DJF25 macrumors newbie

At the moment I have the iOS 4.3.2 installed on my Iphone 3Gs, and its Jailbroken. After plugging my iphone and syncing it with itunes I see that there is a new update. If I update to 4.3.3 will I lose everything I have done since I jailbroke the phone? If so is there anything I can do when I update and jailbreak to restore all my apps? Or do I just need to note all of the apps that I downloaded through Cydia and re-download them.

Also I downloaded tinyumbrella and backed up my SSH before I jailbroke for the first time, if I update to 4.3.3 should I do the same again?

Thanks for any help given, sorry If I am not very clear but I am quite new to jailbreaking.

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Always get your SHSH all the time, doesn't matter what the phone is running.

There are jailbreak backups but i dont use them, make a list and put them all in at once, you can queue in cydia.

3. DJF25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I save SHSH after every update or periodically, say every week?

Also the way I do it at the moment is untick "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" and "Reqest SHSH From Cydia" then go to save SHSH. Is this the right way to do it?

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Save your blobs when the latest ios comes out. Make sure to d/l the latest TU first.
    You've got the options checked correctly, but make sure to exit the program and restart before trying to save the blob. Normally, you would check these boxes, but cydia is having issues saving the blobs. So doing it manually is what you'll need to do for now.

5. DJF25, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011

DJF25 thread starter macrumors newbie

So just keep saving the SHSH with TinyUmbrella the way I have been doing? And do it right before I upgrade to the latest ios, not after? Does it matter if you save the SHSH when the phone is jailbroken?

Sorry if I'm going back over the same thing but I am quite paranoid about wrecking my iphone ha!

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Doesn't matter what state the phone is in when you save blobs. Also, consider PkgBackup as part of your backup and restore process. Much easier than writing them all down! New functionality also saves off Apple apps data and restores. PkgBackup keeps getting better and better.

7. DJF25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok one more question, how should I go about updating my phone and doing the latest jailbreak? Do I restore, upgrade and jailbreak? Or just upgrade and jailbreak?

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

Why would you restore?

9. DJF25 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know, im a big noob to this stuff, so just upgrade and re-jailbreak?

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

The process has not changed since the last time you jb.

To summarize what is available in great detail at iclarified.com

1. Backup your phone in iTunes.
    2. Backup jb apps with pkgbkup.
    3. Upgrade to 4.3.3
    4. jb with redsnow.
    5. Install pkgbkup
    6. Restore with pkgbkup