Question about lines at apple store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Negron7, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Negron7 macrumors newbie

Can you have someone stand in line and hold a spot for you until you get there or is that a no-no?

2. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

You might get chased out of line and lots of dirty looks! I say bring a couple pizza's with you and share with the people infront & behind you. Have the person holding your spot stay for a while and than have them casually leave once everyone is full from pizza... :D:D:D:D:D:D

3. Negron7 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL! Was just wondering cuz I work that day and won't able to get there until maybe 4-4:30

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

uh oh! that's right before apple is ready to open it's doors, people are going to be alert to what's happening. you must learn some ninja skills in the next 7 days!

I recommend having a girl stand in line for you, someone other people can be sympathetic for. Pregnant or sick, can she vomit on command? lol

Have her go home and get some rest and tell her you will stand in line and bring her iPad 2 home for her. You would have stood in line earlier but you have 5 kids and you just got laid off... The babysitter couldn't come in today until 4:30!

5. Negron7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol @ buying a new iPad right after being laid off. I'm gonna have to think about this. Whether I want to offend people or not. Don't think I have the stones to do if people are gonna be upset :(

6. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I've done this before actually and I just told the first couple people right behind me. They were completely cool with it...

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Can't see why it would bother anyone. Maybe it would be bad form if the person who waited stayed and bought one for themselves also, but if you are just taking their spot and leaving shouldn't be a problem.

If you are worried about it just make sure the person holding your spot lets the people in front of and behind them know that they are holding it for you.

8. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Thanks for the great plan, no all I need to find is pregnant (or fat girl) to do the queuing for me. Any takers?

9. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Between WalMart, Best Buy, Sam's Club and the Apple Store, I'm sure you'll be fine even if you get there are 4-4:30.