Question about listening to music through iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by PhaserFuzz, Jul 15, 2011.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

So, when the iCloud service is active.. I'll be able to access any song from my 120GB iTunes collection anywhere, correct? All I have to do is pay the annual fee for iTunes Match? Does it matter if the tracks were ripped from CD, or downloaded from the internet? Also, will the songs actually download from the cloud onto my device, or will they be streamed from Apple's servers? Thanks for any help. I've had no luck trying to find a clear answer to this.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Theyll download to your device, not stream. If you've purchased music from the iTunes Store before, you can test this download feature now in iTunes 10.3 and any iPhone/iPad running 4.3 or higher.

iTunes Match only is supposed to do what's in your library that's also available in the iTunes Store, so I wouldnt expect literally every song in your library to make it to the cloud.

I don't think it matters if it was ripped or acquired but Apple hasn't said much.