question about m stand?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happle, Dec 14, 2011.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

for those of you with the m stand. can you still easily type with the laptop keys or is it not very comfortable. i've noticed i tend to slouch when using my computer because the screen is low. i've been trying to work on my posture in class and when on my computer and i think the stand would help, but its not really as useful to me if i have to use an external keyboard.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

mStand isn't really designed for you to use without an external keyboard, as their illustration shows:
    [​IMG]
    Trying to type on the built-in keyboard with your MBP on the mStand would put your arms in an awkward and uncomfortable position.

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

alright thanks. but for those of you who do have it have you tried just using the mbp keyboard and trackpad? if so was it uncomfortable?

4. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Comfort is a very subjective term. The comfort one has in using it that way would depend on chair height, desk height, angle of computer, and the build of the person (as torso side, and arm length would also play into this). I know I can't use highly angled keyboards, and love the BT Mac keyboard, but my coworkers hate it and say it is too low and hurts their wrists.

Your best bet would be to find one in a store and try it or find a store with a liberal return policy in case it doesn't work for you. I know I would hate to have to carry it to class and back (heck you didn't want to carry an external drive which is way smaller than this).

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i wouldn't be using it in class. i would only be using it at home. i was just saying I'm trying to improve my posture when in class and at home. basically any time I'm sitting down..

6. VMMan macrumors 6502a

It's okay if all you need to do is type in a URL or something short. It's definitely not something you will like doing.

I only use the laptop's keyboard on the mStand if I have moved the wireless keyboard out of the way because I'm eating at the computer.

7. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Depends for me due to my height it was comfortable but a friend of mine said that it was too high up for him.. i guess it depends on quite a few factors

8. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

alrighty i guess ill have to try it out before making up my mind.