Question About Mac AppStore Rejection Process

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by shakeman0, Sep 8, 2011.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Well, my app just got rejected. Worst part about it being the huge wait time for review. The reason for rejection is a pretty easy fix. Simply a HIG issue that needs to be resolved. I was wondering if anyone knew how the review process work. The issue with the Mac OSX HIG is the only thing my application was rejected for in the resolution center. Does that mean that is the only thing wrong with it? For example, do the iTunes Connect staff just stop and reject an app at the first issue or do they continue until they find all issues? I'm just trying to make sure I iron everything out before I resubmit. Thanks for your time.

Shake

2. Photics macrumors regular

That's a good question.

Personally... and I've had lots of apps rejected... it usually it doesn't go a second round. But one time, it did. Wow... I was mad. HA HA! :D

I don't think it's right that a rejected app gets sent to the back of the line. If a minor problem has been fixed, it should be resolved quickly. Once, I had to wait a week just to update the images for iTunes Connect... not knowing if Apple would reject my app again.

3. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

In my experience, when I've had an app rejected, if I get it fixed within a couple of hours, it goes to review the same day. Then it usually takes 3-4 days to reach the app store after that. Still quite a wait, but not as bad as the usual 7-8 day wait for approval.

4. shakeman0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Thanks for the answers. I just uploaded my app binary again. It actually went straight to "In Review" so at least I won't have to wait quit as long. I'm really hoping that the Connect staff actually looked at every problem the first time...