Question about Mac OSX from a Windows user.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SRLMJ23, Oct 20, 2010.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Do you think Apple will EVER release an operating system that can be used on PC's?? I mean to me it seems like they would because it would help them dig into Microsoft's dominance in the OS world. Don't get me wrong I love Windows 7 but I would love to dual boot both of them and just experience Mac OSX.

I can't buy a Mac, because I am putting myself through Medical School :(

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

No, they won't.

They don't care about software dominance, they are a hardware company that makes software.

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Yea, it's too bad. I know they have that Mac OSx86 but it seems so complicated and it doesn't work with every PC and stuff. Plus I don't want to pirate Apple's property.

Just makes no sense that Apple let's you install Windows on a Mac but not vice versa.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Apple lets windows run on a Mac because they are counting on PC users ditching Windows once they try OSX.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It doesn't in some ways, but it really does make business sense. They force people to buy their hardware to get their software, and in the process, make a lot more money. If they allowed it to be licensed out, most people would buy a computer for half the money and say the heck with Apple, and just use their OS.

6. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

It makes complete sense. They control the hardware, so they can allow whatever to be run on it, including Windows.

They want that control, if they allow it to be installed on any hardware. They lose that control. How does this not make sense?