Question about Macbook AIr music storage

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nickynabi, Dec 21, 2011.

1. nickynabi macrumors newbie

So i got my 128GB Air the other day (love it by the way)

Got my 17GB Music folder from my external harddrive so i could move it to my Itunes Library in order to sync my Iphone

Now when i was checking 'About this Mac' in the storage section it is telling me i am storing 34GB of Audio

Anyone have any advice on where this other 17GB of music came from because i have checked and i defo didnt move my Music folder over twice

Thanks in advance Nick

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you copied the music folder over to the MBA and then imported the music into iTunes, while iTunes has the following preference (iTunes > Preferences > Advanced) checked/selected?
    [​IMG]

3. nickynabi thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems that i have, i just went to my preferences and it was ticked, what do i do now then??

4. simsaladimbamba

Delete the music folder you copied to the MBA on the MBA or delete the iTunes library. Now you have duplicates.
    Or you delete the music in the iTunes folder and deselect that checkbox and import the music again and use the folder you have copied to the MBA to store your music.

It is all up to you.

5. nickynabi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help buddy, i just deleted the folder that i moved from my external harddrive