Question about Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zhays, Jun 2, 2016.

1. zhays macrumors newbie

zhays

Does anyone know why I can't watch some videos and pictures I downloaded. After I put them on my flashdrive I couldn't watch them so I took it off the flashdrive and back on my computer to see if it was that the flashdrive was strictly for storage but they still didn't work. Got any tips for me.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

3. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

4. chscag macrumors 68000

Are they protected? Videos and pictures that are copyright are usually protected and will not play or view if downloaded.

5. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

I don't know if they are protected and I don't know how to find out plus I was watching them before I put them on flashdrive.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Could be the flash drive somehow corrupted them?

7. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

8. chscag macrumors 68000

Watching them where? If you mean you were watching them using your browser (on the net) and then downloaded them, it's very likely they are protected. If you were watching them on your computer after they were downloaded and then put them on your flash drive they may have been corrupted as member "AlliFlowers" asked.

9. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

I was justing watching them on my computer but then right when I put them on the flashdrive they wouldn't play, on the flashdrive right after I put them on the flashdrive I deleted them off my computer so now I can't watch them unless I redownload them.

10. chscag macrumors 68000

OK, that sounds like the files were somehow corrupted when you moved them to the flash drive. If you download them again, download directly to the flash drive and then try to play them.

11. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

12. zhays thread starter macrumors newbie

zhays

I told my uncle who works on computers and he said if it only some of them don't work that means the ones that don't work are bad files so does anyone know how to restore them?