Question about MacBook Pro 13" sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chris., Oct 19, 2009.

1. Chris. macrumors regular

Hi,

I've had my 13" MacBook Pro for 2 weeks now. After each class in Uni I simply shutdown the machine. However, what I wanted to ask was is it safe to put it to sleep, slip it in a case (like the incase ones) and then place it in a normal laptop bag? While its in sleep? I've seen some thread where users have reported that some wake up on there own while in the case, has anyone had this with the Mid 2009 MacBook Pro range?

Thanks.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I just close mine up and slip it in it's bag every time I'm done with it.

No issues whatsoever.

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I just close mine up and put it into the incase sleeve, then into my backpack, and go, I have never had an issue, and saves me the hassle of waiting the grand total 40 seconds that it takes to boot up and shut down :D.

4. rowsdower macrumors 6502

I have always felt that this is one of the greatest advantages of a Mac laptop. I think newer PCs may be better, but I always laughed at people in class waiting for the PCs to shut down, and especially waiting for them to start up. My MBP is ready for use within 2 seconds of opening it.

5. jamin100 macrumors 6502

just make sure that the sleep light on the front is pulsating before you move it. This means that the hard drive has stopped spinning and wont get damaged by moving it around.

6. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

Yes, I always just put it to sleep. It's a lot more convenient then shutting it down and starting it up again. I would only suggest shutting down a computer if you are not going to use it for more than 3 days.