Question about Macbook Pro 2.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JackSpearo, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I have a macbook pro 2.2 silver keyboard. Just had the logic board repaired...

and I also bought a brand new LED Samsung Smart TV. I'd like to hook up my macbook pro to my HDTV because I have a slingbox and it allows me to watch all my american channels here in Spain in HD quality.

when I use my ipad 3, the quality is so so, but when I use my MBP, the quality is HD... I bought a DVI to HDMI cable, and when I hooked it up, it just put the galaxy picture on the TV... nothing else... also, is there any way I can buy a headphone jack with red and white components to use the audio through the TV?

any ideas?

thanks,

Jack

2. simsaladimbamba

It is probably in extended mode. It works by dragging windows to the right or left on the main display to be visible on the extended TV.
    If you want to see the same on the TV as on the MBP:
    System Preferences > Displays >> Arrangement >>> Mirror Displays (but know, that the display with the lowest resolution determines the maximum resolution used on both, thus one display will have a lower than native resolution, except when both displays have the same native resolution)
    [​IMG]

As for the audio question, yes, that is possible, if the TV allows to get video via HDMI and the audio via Cinch and combine them automatically.

3. JackSpearo thread starter macrumors regular

Is it possible to get audio too? Which cables would I need?

Thanks!

4. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

just need a regular RCA cable at the dollar store.

5. simsaladimbamba

Yes, as the last part of my post (the one BELOW the screenshot) hopefully explained (the first link might be of value too, thus me posting them or it or, hey, the cat is back, this time with, ah, it was only Permanent Joy divided).

6. JackSpearo thread starter macrumors regular

I just mirrored like simsa recommended and it's great quality (I'm connecting to my HDTV because I'm using my slingbox in Spain, and the quality of the connection is 10 times better on my MacBook Pro than my ipad 3.

So the next cord I need for the audio is just normal headphone jack that splits into the white and red cables? And that should be it?

Thanks so much!!!

I am soooo happy! Thanks again!!!