Question about MacBook Pro warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by parajba, Sep 8, 2010.

1. parajba macrumors 6502

Is it transferable from seller to buyer when buying 2nd hand providing we still have the receipt and the warranty hasn't elapsed?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The warranty (AppleCare) follows the computer, not the buyer. It's recommended to contact Apple though so in case it needs repair, there won't be any misinformation and extra hassle. Just ask the seller to call Apple and tell them that he is selling it to you and then simply re-register it in Apple's site

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

You are talking about the warrenty right? NOt Applecare. AC is transferable, the warrenty should be unless your mac was a second hand purchase. Then If that is the case I am not sure. More details -age of model, etc-might help us give you a better and more accurate answer.

EDIT: Oops, Hellhammer bet me tothe punch.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Both AppleCare and the Apple Limited Warranty are transferrable, as they are tied to the hardware, not the owner.

You can check the warranty remaining status in the link below. As you can see, it only requires the hardware serial number, not any owner information. That's because the warranty follows the hardware, not the owner.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

5. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

under the country legislation of course.
    like in my country all electronics come with a two year limited warranty, by law.

6. parajba thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everybody for the kind replies.
    So it looks like the standard Apple limited warranty is transferable.
    It's a MBP i5 and I'm based in the UK.