Question about MacBook Pro with different keyboard layout

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nhlive, Oct 14, 2008.

1. nhlive macrumors newbie

hey,
    I was wondering how I could get a new 15inch Macbook Pro with the educational discount, but I want the keyboard to be with the German layout, and not the traditional US layout...
    Does anyone know how I can order it? On the German Apple website one can choose between German and US keyboard layout, but I live in the US and want to order it through the US site with the edu discount..
    Thanks!!

2. nhlive thread starter macrumors newbie

3. casnyc macrumors newbie

i want the same thing!
    i'm living in new york right now and i will stay here for a while but i need the german keyboard because i'm going back at the end of this year and i don't wanna buy a mac book in germany because i don't wanna wait so long and they're really expensive compared to the ones you can get here.
    i called 1800-MY-APPLE for information and went to the apple store.
    the hotline told me ( i called twice! ) told me, that it's not possible to order a macbook with a german keyboard.
    the weird thing about it: for some reason you can buy the old mac book with a german keyboard in the apple store, they have them in stock!
    but why not the new ones!?
    maybe someone knows more about it?

4. matzel88 macrumors newbie

*search*

What was the outcome?
    Were you able to order one of the new Macbooks with a different keyboard layout?