Question about MacBook screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by IWantItThatWay, Aug 9, 2009.

1. IWantItThatWay macrumors regular

Is it glossy? I wanted to buy a MBP but I had an iMac and I had to get rid of it because I could not stand the mirror for the screen. So I guess I will have to settle for a MB (can't stand Windows laptops).

Also - does it get loud? My Dell Inspiron used to scream like a dragon. I am not too worried about heat though.

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

It doesn't sound like a dragon or is near as glossy as the MBP/iMac.;)

3. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

My macbook im sure is the quietest laptop ive heard. Some laptops sound like a damn 747 taking off and spin the fans up at any cpu increase, hell even typing fast can make them spin up!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The MacBooks are next to silent when being used lightly, and even when the fans kick up they're still quieter than my mom's/sister's/girlfriend's various HP laptops under normal load.

The MB's are just as glossy as the MBP models, maybe a little less, but not by much.

5. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

i didnt even think about the fact that most laptops make noise until i read this thread xD even when i try i cant hear it...

the gloss screen REALLY isnt that bad... and if it is you just either have to move the angle of the screen or the brightnes... which i always keep the lowest possible (without it being black) and ive never had a problem