Question about Mail address imported from the Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pianoplaynfool, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Pianoplaynfool macrumors newbie

Alright, it might seem like a trivial problem, but it bothers me nonetheless. I recently got an e-mail from a friend who is registered in my Address Book, and I noticed that what appeared in "from" was different than my other e-mails. Instead of soandso@aol.com, it was her full name "Adrienne Soandso," whereas with all my other e-mails, I had soandso@aol.com in the mailbox area.

This problem does not go on into the actual e-mail itself. In the quicklook, I have "From: Mom" instead of her e-mail address, but in the mail column it's listed her e-mail address instead of her name.

Is there anyway I can set it so I can have all the names listed? So far, the only name that appears is Adrienne's, which I found strange as this was the first time she had sent me an e-mail, but she had been in my address book just as long as everybody else had.

Quite a lengthy explanation for such a small problem, but it's distracting!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm pretty sure that if you go into Mail, "Mail" menu -> Preferences -> Viewing, uncheck the box that says "Use Smart Addresses" and this will take care of it for you...

3. Pianoplaynfool thread starter macrumors newbie

That didn't seem to do it, unfortunately. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.