Question about "marketplace"

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by larkR, Jan 14, 2011.

1. larkR macrumors newbie

I thought I read a comment about a category on the web site for private sales, in other words if someone wanted to buy a part for their Mac, etc. Of course, you can't use the forum for selling items, but I thought you had particular place for that process on the website.

2. simsaladimbamba

You need 250 posts and 180 days of membership to access the Marketplace, the FAQ is quite a good place to inform yourself.
    And MRoogle can help you find answers in a jiffy.

Selling outside the Marketplace

All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

Eligibility

To use the Marketplace forum (read threads, start threads, or post replies), you must be a forum member with user title 6502 or above, which means that you have 250 or more posts as displayed in your User Profile. This gives other members a chance to become familiar with you. To see your User Profile, click Quick Links -> My Profile at the top of a forum page. You must also have been a member for at least 180 days.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There is a marketplace, but only members who have a post count of 250 or more, and have been a member for 6 months or more may use it

4. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I just flipped over into 6502 land,and have been a member for much longer then 6 months, but I am not seeing said Marketplace. It may just be in front of my face and I'm missing it due to lack of sleep, but could someone point me in the right direction?

Edit - found the link, but I am getting the "Not Permitted" error page....any ideas?

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sometimes it takes a day or so for it to show up. It should be near the bottom when you click on the forums tab

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Relax. It takes the servers several hours to catch up. The $1 lap dances will be all gone before you're eligible. Sorry. :D

7. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I'm just anxious to get in there and start selling my crates full of "unlocked iPhone 4 User Manuals" (guaranteed to work on any carrier). ;)

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Can someone make a sticky about the marketplace? The question shows up here about once a week.